As a Senior Integration Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance while collaborating with projects from the ecosystem. You will do hands-on work with our users to help maximize their benefit from Libp2p, IPFS, Filecoin, and Textile. This mission-critical position will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most exciting projects in the space, including other platforms, dapps, and blockchains. Mixing technical and personal skills, you should bring engineering expertise to our user’s projects and bring deep understanding of user needs back to our product planning. While working with users, you will deliver high-quality engineering that can accelerate Web3 adoption and increase the value created for users. You will be a critical source of knowledge about user needs and product opportunities that where we can help satisfy the needs of critical users.
Textile is a lab dedicated to building and exploring new technology to help decentralize consumer applications. We believe that the world’s most valuable future technology will be built on a new model where individuals have complete agency over the data they create. Our mission is to make that future happen faster.
Textile is known for building simple yet powerful developer tools that extend three families of protocols: Libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin. You can learn more about our tools by reviewing our documentation and checking out some of our GitHub organization. We are a fully open source company with a strong focus on community.
We are a small, fully remote team (Twitter list) aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and personal data.
Are you passionate about technology and want to have a significant impact on its future? Our community, vision, and product make for an exciting place where self-directed, collaborative, good people will thrive.
- Interface directly with external technical teams working to adopt IPFS and Filecoin, serving as their primary technical point of contact during integration.
- Manage time-sensitive integration timelines with collaborators, ensuring projects are accurately scoped on the onset and successfully deliver their goals on time.
- Understand our user’s requirements and communicate how Textile can solve their business and technical challenges, from high-level architecture to code implementation.
- Understand Textile product capabilities and work with product teams to address ecosystem feedback, or getting your hands dirty and build features yourself.
- Deeply understand the entire Libp2p, IPFS, Filecoin, and Textile (LIFT) stack and help users understand what is technically possible.
- Create technical content (sample code, demos, etc.) to show users how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Empathetic, skilled communicator with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- 5+ years of experience, with a strong technical generalist background.
- 5+ years of production-level software developer experience with fluency in at least 2 programming languages.
- Experience with code-level debugging with large enterprise users.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- Experience supporting large enterprise users or working on time-based contracting projects.
- Self-starter with interest in influencing and making critical product decisions.
- Open-source project experience. GitHub/GitLab links greatly appreciated.
- Familiarity with IPFS, Filecoin, or related technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues
- A location in a timezone between GMT -3 to GMT -7 (South or North America)
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Build first hand experience using Filecoin.
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT -3 to GMT -7 (North & South America). While being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of overlap as a team, so we will give preference to applicants that fall within or close to those timezones. In your application, please confirm that you are in one of these timezones.
Learn more about us at https://textile.io, https://docs.textile.io, and see some of our output on @textileio.